Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Texas pool owners - North Texas in particular regarding electric companies

1. Back To Top    #1

Texas pool owners - North Texas in particular regarding electric companies

Hi all,

I'm new and moving into a home with about a 25k gallon pool that's equipped with a single speed pentair challenger (model not sure) and
    with the de-regulation of electricity I'm trying to make the best choice when it comes to electric providers. I'm moving to Plano and there are
    literally dozens of choices and tons of plans. Any suggestions?? Trying to be careful with the pump usage and all.

Thanks,

Rob (in Plano)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Texas pool owners - North Texas in particular regarding electric companies

Check out Spark.

I assume you have looked at the website where you can compare the electric rates.
    Old Pool, New Owners. ~40-year old, ~15-20K gal IG plaster - set to rehab this fall/winter. Nautilus FNS DE filter. Purex Triton Challenger High Performance 1.5 HP Pump with winter temperature starter. Polaris booster pump, PB4-60. Polaris 280 Pool Sweep, runs 4 hours now. Solar Panels on the garage roof (that leak!). Live in North Texas so pool stays open.

3. Back To Top    #3

All electricity in the area is generated by Luminant and delivered by Oncor. The people who bill you are retailers only so go with the best deal and easiest to deal with.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks all! I ended up with Gexa at 7.4c Kwh, which is WAY lower than what I've been paying in Frisco, TX at around 11.4c!