Interesting pool idea

Jun 29, 2015
CA
this isn't my setup. My friend's uncle bought a ranch somewhere north of Sacramento and wanted to put in a pool. Pool builder quoted him some 50k for an inground setup. He decided to go the very cheap but creative way. he dug a hole, did the pipes and dropped in a 40 foot container! Fiberglassed the walls, built a deck around it and bam 13k later he had a pool :)
My friend showed me a video of the setup, very interesting and cheap and seems, functional. What do you guys think?

Well, the first thing that pops into my head is the odd dimensions .... 8' by 40' pool that is 8' deep :scratch: I suppose it would work for swimming laps, you just can not stand in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched that video ... that is pretty fancy for a shipping container ;) At least you can stand in it :D

- - - Updated - - -

And then I got to the point in the video of the equipment and thought ... that backwash hose is not going to work in that orientation :mrgreen:

I'll ask my buddy for the video. The one "pabeader" posted is a very interesting idea as well. that's a container cut in a half it seems. Great use of those things. My concern would have been the water pressure, since these things aren't made to withstand internal pressure, but then again, the PSI of 8 feet of water isn't a whole lot anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.