Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward ColorLogic problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Clarksville, Tn

Hayward ColorLogic problem

My inground vinyl liner pool is less than 1 yr old. I have 2 Hayward colorlogic lights. Yesterday I was in the pool with scuba equipment(just playing around getting ready for an upcoming trip). While I was in the pool the timer for the lights came on. One light was on fine and the other was not. As I swam near it I saw a dim red light flickering inside the light. I could see there was water maybe 1/3 way up in the light housing. I also heard a "clicking/ticking noise underwater near the niche. I got out right away when I heard that but felt no shock or anything. After I got out I tried turning lights on/off several times but still same. Then I turned the "all off" button on my remote off and everything(filter, lights, etc) went off but I still saw the red flickering light in that light. Is this a bad light or something really dangerous?
    My pool builder is out of business(REAL long story). I am awaiting a call back from Hayward after I called the helpline and was on hold 15 minutes.
    TikiP- 18x36 IG Vinyl/Steel freeform shape. 3.5 to 6 ft deep.
    Hayward 270 Sand Filter, 1.5 hp pump, 300K BTU Hayward propane heater, Tiger Shark cleaner, 2 Colorlogic LED lights. 2 skimmers, 2 main drain, 4 returns , 4 brass deck jets, Maldives artificial rock waterfall, Hayward 40K salt generator. 1400 sq ft paver deck and coping. Tiki Hut and Bar.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Hayward ColorLogic problem

I dont have the answer to your question, but figured a reply might bump it back to the top. Hopefully someone who might know will come along.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!