Do you have a spare Raypak 2100 Heater part I need?

Yes either exposure to the elements because the cellophane window of the keypad gave way over time and allowed water into the board. Also here in FL, critters like to sneak up and hide up in that area by the board. I've found snakes in many systems and that caused the board to short and do funny things. Ultimately the board needed to be replaced.

One other thing, is the unit worth it to keep putting so much money into? How does it look inside under the burners and around the manifold by the gas valve?

To be honest.... I am sure I am putting a bandaid on the issue. The PCB board/buttons will be my last attempt. Currently I have $ the funds to try that. I don't have the funds to replace the whole unit. So if this does not work it might be a year before I can replace the whole unit.

Update

I got a new control board on ebay and popped it in. Turned it all on and I got spark and the heater started heating. However I am only getting the POOL mode and I can't change my set points. I am going to assume that I was wise in getting a new keypad and membrane that will be delivered Monday? Maybe i am about at the end of this saga?

My old 2100 heater I went through two boards. The one that had the white display lasted longest. I think mine were just heating up too much from the heater. I also had critters living up in that area at one time during the winter.

Well I am back up and running. Ultimately it was the Control Board and the Mode/Hot/Cold buttons on the control panel. The rusted out pressure sensor was just a bonus find. Thank you Paul for the assistance and sending me the LCD at first. I am going to try and seal the electrical area off and I had a spare grill cover that I will use when not using the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.