Intellichem without SWG control?

bcinsd

Jul 6, 2015
San Diego, CA
Hi I have a 15k gal with IC40 and intellichem outdoor pool in SoCal.
Was eating though a ton of acid prior to adding borates, now my pH is rock steady.
pH 7.6 TA 80 CYA 50.
Chlorine levels seem to vary widely (0-5) with ORP levels 650-750. (set at 670).
I would like to try to get intellichem to release SWG control and try with a set % setting.
The instruction manual is very confusing.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks.

My experiences match yours. Intellichem is accurate and precise for pH control, and works very well for that. The ORP measurements vary widely and don't seem to line up with the FC levels in the pool. Reading some of the posts on the site can give you ideas as to why that is. So as far as controlling the SWG, you have some choices. You can either have the Intellichem monitor ORP and activate your IC40 until the setpoint is reached (what you are doing now), or have the IC40 "dosed" based on time. I currently have the Intellichem "dose" the IC40 based on time. Right now, I have my mixing time set to 15 minutes, and my dose time set to 8 minutes. This equates out to about 35%. To figure out the %, google duty cycle. I just adjust the dose time up or down depending on what my FC levels are. I set my ORP setpoint at 650 and up until a week or so ago it's been below that. My FC levels are right where they should be.

The downside to this is you have to use the Intellichem panel on the equipment pad to make adjustments. An alternative that I've read about online is to have Intellichem control pH, but to set the ORP dosing method to an AUX channel and not to SWG. This basically disables Intellichem control over the IC40 and restores it back to the Easytouch. I have not done this because I also have Screenlogic and I've read that once you enable Intellichem in Screenlogic, it removes the Intellichlor % settings. I can't verify this as I have not done it, but I'm sure you can find other posts here that talk about it.

All in all, I'm happy with the Intellichem for pH, and once dialed in for the SWG, I have only had to tweak it about every other week. Usually a few minutes up or down on the dose time. Good luck and lmk if you need more info.

Rich

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.