Pool Cover: buy and install our self or get someone to do it?

Sep 14, 2015
Plano/TX
Hi
We are looking to get a pool cover for the winter to keep leafs out of the pool, we had someone comes over and gave us a quote around $1500 to buy and install the covers, I checked online and I found pool covers from Swimming Pool Kits | Swimming Pool Equipment | Swimming Pool Accessories | Hot Tub Spas that range between $550-$950, but we have to do the installation our self or get someone to do it.

Q1: How hard is it to install the cover our self?
Q2: Can I buy the cover and then find someone to install it that does not charge too much $ to do so? if yes where can I find such a person?
Q3: Is there a better site/place that I can check and buy pool covers from?

Thank you in advance

Are you talking about a custom made safety cover for an in ground pool, something like the LoopLoc covers?

I was looking for Standard Rectangle Covers, here are some pics of my pool which is 16.5' X 32' including the brick boarder on the side which is 9.5", I am just not sure about the side close to the fence, as you can see from the pics I only have the brick boarder and then rocks, under the rocks I have concrete.

IMG_4837.jpgIMG_4838.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.