Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cover: buy and install our self or get someone to do it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Cover: buy and install our self or get someone to do it?

Hi
    We are looking to get a pool cover for the winter to keep leafs out of the pool, we had someone comes over and gave us a quote around $1500 to buy and install the covers, I checked online and I found pool covers from Swimming Pool Kits | Swimming Pool Equipment | Swimming Pool Accessories | Hot Tub Spas that range between $550-$950, but we have to do the installation our self or get someone to do it.

Q1: How hard is it to install the cover our self?
    Q2: Can I buy the cover and then find someone to install it that does not charge too much $ to do so? if yes where can I find such a person?
    Q3: Is there a better site/place that I can check and buy pool covers from?

Thank you in advance
    11,200 gal, IG, Plaster, cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pool Cover: buy and install our self or get someone to do it?

Are you talking about a custom made safety cover for an in ground pool, something like the LoopLoc covers?
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Cover: buy and install our self or get someone to do it?

I was looking for Standard Rectangle Covers, here are some pics of my pool which is 16.5' X 32' including the brick boarder on the side which is 9.5", I am just not sure about the side close to the fence, as you can see from the pics I only have the brick boarder and then rocks, under the rocks I have concrete.

IMG_4837.jpgIMG_4838.jpg
    11,200 gal, IG, Plaster, cartridge filter