Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gas Grill Reviews

1. Back To Top    #1

Gas Grill Reviews

Team,

Looking to build an outdoor kitchen and I was wondering what everyone is installing for gas grills

Thanks,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gas Grill Reviews

Charcoal is the only way to cook my friend.

Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

We have a Weber performer charcoal and Weber gas grill. Great combo with best of both worlds of grilling. However both are stand alone units so not such a clean install in an outdoor kitchen. cheers
    Kafko 15x28 Rectangle granite grey liner pool - Kafko 8 foot granite grey steps / Kafko 8 foot granite grey sunledge - Hayward Equipment - Kafko Safety Cover - Beachcomber 750 hot tub

4. Back To Top    #4

I think there are some top performers in different applications - size, price, etc. Any hints as to what you're looking for?
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

5. Back To Top    #5

i would be looking for a grill 2500k and under and 30-40 inch in size, let me know if you need anything else but that is a start

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I have a 20 year old Nag gas Ducane. Up till now I have never had to replace anything on it. It does need a new burner tube finally on the left side and the ceramic briquette tray is starting to burn thru in a couple of places.

I have two half barrels and three grates for any charcoal cooking we do. We usually do 50-60 chicken halves a couple times per year for parties at the house.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Look at Fire Magic. I have had mine for 5 years with NO ISSUES.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

8. Back To Top    #8

Lynx grills
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

9. Back To Top    #9

I have been really happy with my Lion built in grill. Pretty easy to disassemble for cleaning.

10. Back To Top    #10

Builders that I have been talking to like bull angus grill or rcs premier series

thoughts?

11. Back To Top    #11

I will be getting the summerset trl32
    NEW POOL BUILD IN THE WORKS. :)

PLAY POOL - SPA- SUNKEN BAR

12. Back To Top    #12

Second to summerset.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

13. Back To Top    #13

weber performa for charcoal

Wilmington Grill for Gas....best gas grill you will ever buy

14. Back To Top    #14

Weber Summit S‑660 (natural gas version).

We normally grill 2-4x per week 8 months out of the year and 1-2x per year the other 4. I've been pretty happy with it and the price was budget friendly as well for a large grill. Two of the spark igniters did break after a couple years (the ceramic portion that holds the spark wire cracked and broke apart when I brushed them during a deep cleaning). I still need to get them replaced, but other than that and a couple screws that have corroded and broke on the interior, we've used the heck out of this this grill for the last 3 years and it's been a rock solid performer otherwise.

The stainless grill plates and interior are in great shape still which I am pleased about as my last grill was a cheap big box store grill that did not hold up well.

plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"©
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

15. Back To Top    #15

We have a Weber Performer Deluxe, charcoal with gas starter. We love it! This is our second one. We grill out 4-5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop