chlorine dissapation

Thanks for all the help. I'll call thr manufacture help line tomorrow and see how to adjust the ozanator. Nothing in the Manuel about adjusting it...what would you recommend a good length to run the ozanator would be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You'll need to experiment, but you probably don't need to have it on for very long. Ideally, you want it going on right after your soak for perhaps an hour or two, but it depends on your bather load. You really don't need it on in between soaks since chlorine is there for disinfection. However, I suspect you won't have that control and will need to just adjust the circulation pump time.

I confirmed the ozanator will run with the pump. I can open the paneling and unwire it. Do you think I should, would this help use less chlorine? Also every 30 min the spa will cycle the pump for 15 min...I suspect this is where I'm losing FC. I also can't have this auto cycle turned off so it appears I would have no need to set a 2 hr filtration cycle correct? I might need to switch to bromine because this thing is a lot to keep up with its eating a lot of chlorine. So confused considering the ozanator is designed to use less chemical. [emoji52]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The ozonator will only "use less chemical" if you have a high bather load and soak nearly every day. Otherwise, ozonators always increase chlorine demand between soaks (unless they are very weak or not on very much in which case the drop won't be noticeable).

How often do you intend to use the spa? You could disconnect the ozonator and use the Dichlor-then-bleach method but if you soak only on weekends you might still need to add chlorine once mid-week. You could try that and see how it goes and if you don't like it then it's easy to go from chlorine to bromine by simply adding sodium bromide. You could then turn your ozonator back on, but it might produce too much bromine in between soaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.