Water level and lights

SteveY

May 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I am a new pool owner (first season) and I will be closing my pool along with the help of a friend who has experience closing his own. My question is if I lower the water level to approximately 4" below the return lines it would put the water level right in the middle of my lights. I have 2 lights, 1 in the shallow end and 1 in the deep end. I also have a mesh safety cover and this spring the water level was quite high. I am not sure how my lights come out either. Should I be lowering the level below the lights?

image.jpg

I would think it would be best to drop below the light as oppose to be in the middle of them.
I also have a mesh safety cover so I have the same issue with rising water level. Unless you take them out for the winter?
I put a auto sump pump on one of the steps that is just above my winter water level. so as the water gets too high it just pumps out the excess.
This however, did not help with the 4 feet of snow we got last year!

Steve, I'm in Michigan so have similar weather. In our case the pool techs close for us (just for the labor) but we're involved in the how and why ;)

In our liner pool, they do NOT drop the water level...they pull out the light, wrap it in a towel and plastic bag, and leave it on the deck for the winter. Our solid cover has a mesh panel in the center.

They blow out the lines, use antifreeze, and a skimmer gizmo.

Their goal is to keep weight of water in pool against water table and keep liner in place.

Hope that helps.

Steve, I'm in Michigan so have similar weather. In our case the pool techs close for us (just for the labor) but we're involved in the how and why ;)

In our liner pool, they do NOT drop the water level...they pull out the light, wrap it in a towel and plastic bag, and leave it on the deck for the winter. Our solid cover has a mesh panel in the center.

They blow out the lines, use antifreeze, and a skimmer gizmo.

Their goal is to keep weight of water in pool against water table and keep liner in place.

Hope that helps.

I would do as someone that is a "been there, done that" kind of person.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.