Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool timer problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool timer problem

So i have a T104 automatic pool timer. It came with the pool and is aprox 10 yrs old.
    The problem is that anytime the pool is suposed to turn on the breaker for the pool timer trips and the pool doesnt turn on. I have never had any problems with the timer in the past, so im wondering if these go bad? Is there a way to test it ?
    Thanks
    Gregg
    11,000 gallons
    in-ground
    Hayward sand filter
    1 hp hayward energy flo rs
    Built in 2000 (aprox)
    Swim pure plus SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool timer problem

Does it make any difference if you flip the timer's manual lever over to the manual setting to override the timer portion?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Turn the breaker off first, turn the timer to on position, then turn the breaker on and see what happens then.

4. Back To Top    #4

So after doing some research on here (couldn't find anything before i posted this) it turns out to be the little on/off tripper pins were bad. I went to ace hardware got some new ones and seems to be working fine . I guess they wear out over time.
    Thanks for the help TFP!
    11,000 gallons
    in-ground
    Hayward sand filter
    1 hp hayward energy flo rs
    Built in 2000 (aprox)
    Swim pure plus SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Bad pins? Huh. I've got to try and remember that one. Glad you got it taken care of.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!