Finally made the full transition to BBB/TFP method

BigRobRN

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2015
Greenwell Springs, LA
I struggled with the ideal of completely weaning off of the stabilized chlorine pucks and EZ pool for most of the summer. I read on and off this site for around 2 years, and this year finally made the full transition about 2-3 months ago.
I can't believe how much less $$ I spend on pool supplies and how much more I trust my water test results from using my Taylor K-2006 test kit.

I still once a month go get my water tested at my local pool store (for now) just to compare test results and they are never that close.

I keep a few basic products on hand, and my pool water has never been more clear.
I am still working on getting my CYA level to suggested levels, the stabilized pucks had it way elevated.
The drop in water temp and decrease in sun exposure has resulted in my chlorine demand dropping significantly.

If you are struggling with the idea, I couldn't recommend it enough.

I was getting my water tested once a month, just doing what the pool store told me, and basically making one day every week my pool care day. Now, I test my water nearly daily, I have learned over 2-3 months what my pool needs are, use the pool calculator, and have never been more pleased.

Thank you TFP!

Robby

Glad to hear! It boggles folks mind when we tell them how inexpensive it can be to manage our pool the TFPC way. I'm equally shocked when I hear how much money people spend unnecessarily on chemicals and pool services.

Enjoy your pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.