Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testament to the method

1. Back To Top    #1

Testament to the method

We just returned from a month long holiday and wanted to report that my pool was in excellent condition all thanks to the TFP method! We had a friend stay at the house and clean the pool, but I really have my pool dialed in and believed that all would be well. We had a major rain event daily the first two weeks we were gone and even had one day with 6.5" of rain. Test results on returning were:

FC 8.5
    CC 0
    PH 7.5
    TA 70
    CH 220
    CYA 80
    Salt 3000
    Borates 50

I raised the CH and salt and swam away. While I don't advocate that everyone treat their pool this same way, I just wanted to say that with the help of this forum, this is the norm for my pool and I want to say thank you again for all the incredible information on this site.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testament to the method

Happy to hear you returned home to a clear TFP pool.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Rain! Rain. Rain sounds nice. I look forward to it...hopefully this winter around here. Glad your pool is ship-shape after the time away! One less 'kid' to worry about!
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

4. Back To Top    #4

outstanding!!!!

I only just started and my pool looks better than ever. I'm spending chump change compared to what I used to.
    IG: 15000 Gal. Plaster. DE. 1992. Spa. Pump----(Will check brand and update). Heater. TF-100 Kit w Speedstir