Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just for fun...PS testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Just for fun...PS testing

I had to buy a new handle for my vacuum head so for fun, I took a water sample to a national chain PS (hint...it is a unisex name).

PS test results:

FC 5
    PH 7.6
    CH 160
    TA 70
    CYA 100
    Salt 3000

Taylor K2006C test results:

FC 8.5
    CC 0
    PH 7.5
    CH 220
    TA 70
    CYA 80
    Salt 3400

It wasn't as bad as I thought, but amazing the FC and CH difference. The employee amazingly enough didn't try to sell me anything and even asked if I had baking soda to raise my TA. I explained that I keep my TA at that level so my PH is stabilized and the employee ignored that and still wanted me to raise the level.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just for fun...PS testing

Not too bad. The CYA could cause some problems if it were true.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

You could go back tomorrow and get a whole new set of results.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Pat that is SO true...............and/or you could go to 2 other stores for all kinds of results.........

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit