Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Winter Cover Size

1. Back To Top    #1

Manalapan / NJ

AGP Winter Cover Size

Just finished my first summer with our 15 x 30 AGP. When we purchased it it came with a winter cover. I just spent the last two days wrestling with it to get it on right. The cover that they gave us is 18 x 33. I have to pull and stretch the thing to get it barely over the pool posts.

My question is wouldn't I be better off getting a cover for say a 16 x 32 AGP? The one I have just seems way too small and does not hang over the sides nicely like I have seen in pictures and videos online.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    10.6 K; AG; Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter (S210T); Hayward 1.5 HP Power Flo Matrix Pump (SP1593FP); Hayward Aqua Trol SWG (Turbo Cell T-5); Built 7/9/2015.

2. Back To Top    #2

Charleston, SC

Re: AGP Winter Cover Size

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3
    Glassboro NJ

Re: AGP Winter Cover Size

I have a 16x32 and always get a cover for the next size up. lot easier to put on. I closed this year with my 15 yo son. no problems, bigger is better. use the wire since the cover will be big.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend