Circuit breaker keeps tripping...

Jul 20, 2015
Waco TX
Earlier today I noticed that my filtration system wasn't running. I went to my control panel and found that the breaker on my pump was tripped. I switched it back on and when I pressed "filter" on my control panel the pump restarted. Ten minutes later it was off again (and the circuit breaker was tripped again). Now, even after resetting the circuit breaker, when I press "filter" on my control panel it only clicks and the pump won't restart.

My whole system is less than three months old.

Where do I start with figuring out what's going on?

Since your system is quite new, I would suspect that there is an obstruction in your pump that is either clogging the impeller or keeping the suction very low or both. Therefore your motor is overheating and its thermal protection is shutting itself down and/or causing a high current draw that is tripping the breaker. So start at your skimmer and clean it out...clean out the pump basket...go to all the obvious easy to access places and have a look. Let the pump cool down for a bit and try again. If it turn on and pumps water, hang around and observe and listen. Shoving a running hose into pipes might also free any clogs. Plumber's snake or electrician's tape might also be useful for this purpose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.