Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Am I guilty of robot abuse?

1. Back To Top    #1

Am I guilty of robot abuse?

IMG_0229.jpg

I do feel bad but a recent injury to my right arm is preventing me from using the leaf rake for any length of time.

The little guy is taking it in stride, hasn’t asked to unionize yet! Both he & I are glad the pool will be covered in about a week
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Am I guilty of robot abuse?

He's taking one for the team. Good boy.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL Good job Robbie! Taking care of the pool! NICE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Way to go little Robot, just keep on keeping on.

As for EVChargeGuy, you just continue to rest that injured arm, and let little "Rob" there do what he was designed to do until the cover does get put into place.

All those fallen leaves though are a sure fire sign that Fall is upon us UGGG.

Have a wonderful day EVchargeGuy, and I hope your arm feels better soon.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

5. Back To Top    #5

What kind of robot is it? Is it one of those remote controlled ones? I was looking for the solar breeze but it looks like it won't be available again until next year.

I have a new pool and I'm going to have a huge problem with leaves falling in the pool.

13k gallon 10x35 IG salt water pool 8x10 spa Hayward ecostar variable speed pump with remote. Diamond Brite cobalt. Diamond brite watercolors

6. Back To Top    #6

AquaBot Ripids 4WD. No remote- drop it in and it does its own thing.
    Mid range cost @ under $700

rapids4WD-pva-14-main.jpg
    We still have a lot of sand blowing into the pool from the new paver install, picks up just about anything from the sand, acorns leaves, whatever.
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017