First and foremost, I know there is a TON of information in the other threads and Pool School regarding filter run times, SWG percentage, and related topics. I've dug through just about all of it, and still can't seem to figure out what settings make sense for me. I'm hoping no one gets mad about me not doing more of the work for myself, but I've always lived by the adage of not reinventing the wheel if I don't need to.
With that said, here's all the info I've gathered at this point:
- My pool is about 6 weeks old.
- My pump: Hayward SP3400SVP
- 600-3450 RPMs
- 3 hp
- 2.5" pipe
- My SWG was connected about a week ago and is maintaining at around 3200 ppm pretty consistently.
- It's currently at 50%
- I'm running my pump 12 hours/day (4 hours at 80% and 8 hours at 20%). I have NO IDEA if this is good or not.
- I've been adding chlorine seemingly constantly to keep the FC levels up. Admittedly, I just ordered my TF-100 so I have no idea what my CYA is yet. My water is beautifully clear (I've been doing the FC and pH test daily and adding as necessary), but I know I need to get my overall chemistry under control. Once my TF-100 gets here, I'll be all over it.
Anyway, my questions are as follows:
- Given my current place in the evolution of my pool, does anyone have a recommendation for my:
- Filter Schedule, including the speeds I should be running my filter at.
- Chlorination %: Should I raise it from 50% so that I can stop adding jugs of chlorine?
- Given all of my stats, I still can't seem to figure out how to calculate my (I know all of these would help me make these decisions):
- Total head
- Turnover Time
I apologize again if this seems redundant to the other posts, but I still feel stuck. Thanks in advance for any help!!