Hayward H Series Low Nox Heater Temperature Buttons now working.

Sep 19, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I have a Hayward H25FDN Universal Low Nox heater that works but now when I push the Up or Down Temp buttons OR Mode button, nothing happens. I can se the temperature readout fine and there are no error codes. A few years ago I replaced the Bezel & Keypad #FDXLBKP1930 and the Thermistore FDXLTER1930 FD. I should also say that earlier this year if I pushed the buttons many many times, sometime they would blink and I could adjust the temperature but now nothing. I looked at the circuit board attached to the Keypad and can see nothing that looks burnt and the lights are on for POOL and temperature is showing fine. Any suggestions as to what is causing the buttons to not respond?

Keypad. They just don't hold up with the way they are angled and the weather gets to them. I suggest that after you replace it, get creative and make a cover to put over the keypad it thus prolonging it's life. Hayward failed big time on this unit in many areas.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the problem or I needed a new Control Circuit board that attached to the back of it IDXL2DB1930. But since I can see the Temperature and the lights are lit under POOL, I kind of figured it just might be the Keypad so I'll order another one from Amazon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.