Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H Series Low Nox Heater Temperature Buttons now working.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H Series Low Nox Heater Temperature Buttons now working.

I have a Hayward H25FDN Universal Low Nox heater that works but now when I push the Up or Down Temp buttons OR Mode button, nothing happens. I can se the temperature readout fine and there are no error codes. A few years ago I replaced the Bezel & Keypad #FDXLBKP1930 and the Thermistore FDXLTER1930 FD. I should also say that earlier this year if I pushed the buttons many many times, sometime they would blink and I could adjust the temperature but now nothing. I looked at the circuit board attached to the Keypad and can see nothing that looks burnt and the lights are on for POOL and temperature is showing fine. Any suggestions as to what is causing the buttons to not respond?
    21k Fiberglass pool (IG), 17'X41', Hayward Cartridge filter C3000, Hayward H250FD Universal H Series low nox heater, Hayward CL-200 Auto Chlorine Feeder.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward H Series Low Nox Heater Temperature Buttons now working.

Probably the keypad again. They fail more often than they should.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Keypad. They just don't hold up with the way they are angled and the weather gets to them. I suggest that after you replace it, get creative and make a cover to put over the keypad it thus prolonging it's life. Hayward failed big time on this unit in many areas.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the problem or I needed a new Control Circuit board that attached to the back of it IDXL2DB1930. But since I can see the Temperature and the lights are lit under POOL, I kind of figured it just might be the Keypad so I'll order another one from Amazon.
    21k Fiberglass pool (IG), 17'X41', Hayward Cartridge filter C3000, Hayward H250FD Universal H Series low nox heater, Hayward CL-200 Auto Chlorine Feeder.