Leaking water at the discharge port of AGP

Apr 10, 2009
I have an AGP and have learned lots in the last 3 years! That is not to say that I know anything at this point. Right now my situation is baffling. The pool water is leaking out through the discharge port as if the valve was still open for backwashing. I have taken the top of the Multi-Port system and do not see anything that would cause the water to leak out... HELP! PLEASE! What do I look for? Thanks for your help! jlovell

Welcome to TFP!!

It's either the spider (a/k/a wagon wheel) gasket in the multiport or the 'tracks' that the gasket sits in are warped or broken :( The gasket should sit in the tracks, with the tracks tight against it, level - if you see any humps or wrinkles on the gasket, you need to replace it.

As a practical matter, if vacuumed stuff isn't bypassing the filter and blowing right back into the pool, you can simply plug the discharge port and deal with the fix later 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.