Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward swim pure plus issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward swim pure plus issue

I'm not sure if my problem is related to this, but last week my flow sensor failed , and I replaced it with a new unit. After replacement , my flow worked, and my system began generating chlorine again.

Within a day ( could have been immediately) I looked at my display readings for the Hayward unit, and it's showing odd numbers. The salt level usually displays in actual thousands ( 3300) but now the initial reading is 3.6 . I assume that's still my salt level.

The next number down instead of being my normal temperature ( always worked before) , which should be 88-92 degrees, is now showing 28. It's not 28 degrees, trust me. The rest of the diag numbers starting with cell voltage are
    35p
    Al-0
    R.1.58
    T-9

It says it is generating chlorine still, but why is everything so whacky now, and why is my temperature not displaying correct? I have NOT taken my water to the store to get tested yet, that's my next step, but is there a way to get my system back to normal?

Inground
    ~14,400 gal
    Hayward swim pure plus with solar heater

Thanks everyone

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward swim pure plus issue

Looks like your panel was reset and is displaying your numbers in metric and Celsius instead of imperial and Fahrenheit. To fix this, hit the diag button until you get to the temperature reading, then move the switch from AUTO to SUPERCHLORINATE and back to AUTO. The display should be back to Fahrenheit.

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Problem solved. Not sure whether to be relieved the problem was easy and inexpensive or to feel like a noob for the simplicity of the fix.

Thanks all.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sometimes a loose display board will cause the setting to change. Sometimes resetting the display can help.

Your system is set for a T-9. If that is not the cell that you have, you need to change the setting to match the cell.