Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Warmer pool to extend season

1. Back To Top    #1

Warmer pool to extend season

I've found this helps my pool at fall near end of season. I take the eyeball out of the return and direct the heated water at the bottom. The wind does not take all the heat off the top that way. Also no more cold layers near bottom. Maybe someone posted this idea before, but it's cheap with PVC pipe and fittings. No need to glue them, they fit snug. It will tend to mix debris off bottom of pool. The heat rises to top just like air. Also, I can close the external bypass ball vave at the heater without the the internal one open because reduced pressure .image.jpgimage.jpgI want to get a variable pump someday, but this one won't fail! It's over 20 years old! Kids will try and grab the pipe, but mine have grown and so have the neibors lol.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Warmer pool to extend season

Another great tip. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!