Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy From Humble, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Humble, TX

Howdy From Humble, TX

First time Pool Owner and new to the site. We put in a pool this spring and found the site shortly after. I havent converted to the TFP chemisty yet, but ordred test kit this week. Building the pool was fun but not sure I would do it agian!

Pool Description is in Signature. One question i have is I haven't seen to many post regarding the Ozinator. Our pool has one, and most of the summer our clorine dispenser was on lowest setting and FC looked good with the little pentair test kit that we were given. Anyone used one of these before?

Inground 30,000 gallon Chlorine Pool/Spa with a Pebble Sheen
    Finish Hayward Omni Logic Wireless Controls
    Hayward 3HP VSP, Hayward 1.5 HP pump Waterfall, Hayward 1.5 HP Booster Pump
    Haward 400,000 BTU Heater, Hayward Cartridge filter,
    Polaris 280 Automatic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Howdy From Humble, TX

Hello fellow Texan! Nice pool. You won't find much need or recommendations for the ozinator except for those who are indoors, perhaps some spas, etc. For the most part, the sun will take care of all your oxidation needs. Stick close to the TFP recommended chemicals and levels and you will always be able to see a coin in the deep end of your pool. Happy to have you with us, Enjoy another warm weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

As you become more familiar with your pool and TFPC you will get it figured out.

Start here, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Humble, TX

Howdy Neighbor! I'm in Humble too. Using TFP--it's my third pool, and so far the easiest to manage...some due to age/new equipment....most due to TFP chemistry. With all the crazy weather this year (too much rain, not enough rain), my pool has stayed blue...and that wouldn't have been true previously for me.
    Also, this is a great forum for other pool questions...everyone is super helpful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Complete! IG freeform pool and spa, 106 linear feet
    All Pentair: Pump Intelliflo 4X160, 520 sq ft cartridge filter, Rainbow 320, 400K BTU heater, Racer Cleaner
    Pentair Easytouch remote, Aqua Blue Pebblesheen
    Additional: 2 weeping walls with moss rock, 12'x14' pergola, 1000 sq ft decking