New pool! Finishing today!

Date night :)
d7a79bd6306eeff9a77d0142cf01556a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just beauitful! Love everything about your little home retreat! And I just might have to come see it in person! I can't wait to put my patio furiture out. I have the loungers and tables and I got a lazy boy dining table with 6 chairs and I've got 3 umbrellas. One for the dining table and one for each of the end tables. I'm looking at fire pits. I just can't decide which kind a like best.

Dreynolds, I was the same way! I could wait! The only difference is my husband didn't let me get anything before the pool was done...he doesn't get it LOL the lounge chair I went to pick up in Miami the same day they were doing the DB and they were out there the next morning!
Your project will go fast from here you'll see, it's so exciting to see an idea materialize right in front of you little by little.

Jenny, thank you! It did turn out just as I wanted, even the fire bowl. I need to rig it with a better system, maybe propane, since this was a fountain there's a hole at the bottom where I could pass a hose...

f22b2605d46c3e11afd73a2d87d4a64a.jpg

I took this picture yesterday and was so happy I got my reflection pool :) that's what I really was hoping for with the dark bottom. It's so beautiful to see the trees and sky reflected on the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you Janny! I always sad it was really going to add to the house, it's only 10ft from the glass doors so it's almost like the next room, I do love it.
I was thinking about you yesterday, our electric bill came and I was in shock for hours after, but in a good way! It was only $80 more the the month before and we had two sets of guests visiting for about 10days and I know that makes a difference on our bill when we have guests. I'm really surprised of how energy efficient the VSP is, and we even had the heater on for a nigh we wanted to try the spa. Now, our water bill didn't come yet so let's see what happens there [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good! So glad you didn't get the high electric bill. Ours was due to running our pump on high 24/7. Finally the PB came and taught us what to do. [emoji3]
Our water was so high mainly because of the new sod. Our landscapers told us to water it daily. So we DID! They came to mow about a month later and told us to quit watering so much! Lol! I guess live and learn. [emoji3] I hope you have a low water bill too.

Ohh you are so ahead of me... I haven't fixed all the mess that construction caused, we're still to fix the sprinklers, they haven't been on for 3months now, so then the next step as you know will be some landscaping. We're lucky it's been raining and our plants haven't suffered, but our system is not on city water :D so our bill will only deflect the extra 13k of water out took to fill the pool.

Looks like a K-2006A One thing you'll want to do is look into purchasing extra CYA reagent. That kit only comes with enough for 6 tests. Ask me how I know. :)
You can get it from TFTestkits.net they got a good price on a large bottle of it.

Can't wait to see your test results!! Such an interesting pool!

:testkit:

- - - Updated - - -

You'll also want to pick up a salt test while your on TFTestkits.net. And look at the speed stir. you will love it!

Thank you for the tips! I haven't added my salt yet, I'm giving in another couple of weeks, I wanted to make sure I had everything else figured out before :)

So here it is!
Pool temp 80*

FC. 5
CC. 0
PH. 7.4
TA. 100
CYA 42
C H 280

I must say my pool store gave me the SaME results, I'm surprised, I do have to say they are great and never try to sell me anything. Their CH was 275. pH was 7.8 before I added 3cups of acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.