Pool Pilot no output power

Brudi

Sep 18, 2015
Centerville
I noticed my pump was not turning on and upon further inspection realized that it was getting no output power from the pool pilot DIG-220.

I opened up the pilot and visually inspected the fuses which appear to still be good. I used a volt meter and sure enough where the power comes out of the pilot and directs to the pump I am getting 0 volts.

Is this a common problem? I cannot find a schematic for the main board inside any ideas?

I have power going in the relay but no power coming out.

I thought that this box may be the problem when I noticed this earlier I did not know it was a relay though.

Thanks a lot for the quick responses guys I really appreciate the help.

The two small wires on the right are the signal voltage that closes the relay. I don't remember the voltage, but if it's getting the correct signal voltage and the relay is not closing, then it's a bad relay. If the display indicates pump on but there is no signal voltage to close the relay, then the problem is with the circuit board.

At the bottom center inside the box, there is a six terminal terminal block. There should be 240 volts at terminals 3 and 4. When the pump is turned on, there should be 240 volts to terminals 5 and 6. Terminals 3 and 4 should have a blue and brown wire going to the relay. Terminals 5 and 6 should have a blue and brown wire coming from the relay. The relay has the four big wires noted. The relay also has a small black and a small gray wire on the right side of the relay. The two small wires carry the voltage that powers the electromagnet that closes the contacts of the relay and sends voltage to the pump.

If there is voltage on the two small wires (I think that it's 24 volts AC or 24 volts DC), the contacts should be closed and there should be 240 volts at terminals 5 and 6.

If you have 24 volts on the small wires and the contacts are not closed, replace the relay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.