Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Debris on pool bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Debris on pool bottom

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered...

Now that all of the construction dirt has gone away, I am still seeing some debris at the bottom of the pool. It looks like small pieces of leaves and a bit of dirt and sand. Since it is only in the shallow end about 3 feet in front of the returns, it occurred to me today that it might be coming out of the returns themselves. I am testing it today to see if I scoop it up and remove it whether there will be more there after a 3-hour pumping cycle.

If it is coming from the returns, is that normal, or does it indicate a problem with the filter or the pump? It's a small amount, but since my water is so clean and clear (thanks to this site and all the great advice!), it's annoying to see it there every morning and have to scoop it out.
    22K 16'x40' inground fiberglass pool, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand filter, Hayward dual speed 2 hp Super II Pump, Hayward AquaRite SWG, Raypak 400K btu propane heater, Dolphin Supreme M400 cleaning robot, CoverPool auto cover. Also stand-alone Sundance Hawthorne 430 gallon hot tub.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Debris on pool bottom

I still get a small bit of schmutz in the pool even when the cover is closed. It blows in under the retracting end of the autocover, and the jets deposit it in one area only.

We just get out our little PoolBlaster Max vacuum and suck it up. It isn't coming from my system.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

PoolBlaster Max vacuum? You mean there's another pool toy, umm, I mean tool, I can buy? I was just saying to my wife a week ago that I wished someone made a handheld vac for cleaning underwater, and here it is!
    22K 16'x40' inground fiberglass pool, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand filter, Hayward dual speed 2 hp Super II Pump, Hayward AquaRite SWG, Raypak 400K btu propane heater, Dolphin Supreme M400 cleaning robot, CoverPool auto cover. Also stand-alone Sundance Hawthorne 430 gallon hot tub.

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh yeahhhhhh.. we *love* our Pool Blaster Max. With the autocover our debris is so much less than an uncovered pool, but yet still occasionally needs to be touched up. It just isn't worth the time and effort to drag out that big vacuum hose that goes on the skimmer for such small amounts of schmutz. Works a charm!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

The Pool Blaster-------just buy one! Only thing I've used all summer long.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, okay! I ordered it last night and it'll be here Monday. You're all invited over for a drink to watch me use it Tuesday morning!

7. Back To Top    #7

Morning???........make mine a vodka sunrise then please! You'll love it. Hope you got the fine/silt bag to go with it?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!