Rubber plug question for closing

Aug 25, 2015
ny ny
So I've fallen in love with this forum, you guys have been great.

In my attempt to close my pool this year, ive doen everything succuessfully so far as i can tell. I removed the return 'eyeballs' and faceplate that screws on to keep the eyeball to the wall. My problem however, is that the rubber plugs i used last year wont seem to stay in the return socket.

I'm not sure if they are the wrong size as i got the pool relined last year with new faceplates. I see that there are 4 crosshead screws that attach the faceplate to the liner wall and was going to unscrew them and try to put the plugs into the hole that way but i dont know if that is correct.

I remember the guy that closed my pool last year had a metal tool to insert into the return line and unscrew the connecting piece for the eyeball. Perhaps that could be something i need as well?

yes thats exactly what im using, but the rubber plugs do not seem to fit in the hole. The rubber plug is too large for the hole, thats why im not sure if i need to remove it with that tool you suggested, or just buy smaller rubber plugs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.