Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A special Thank You

1. Back To Top    #1

A special Thank You

As I sit working on some updates to PoolMath listening to some old Red Sovine I'm honored that each and every member here takes the time to make Trouble Free Pool what it is. From the users wishing to learn more about pool care to all the members helping new members out, each of you has created an amazing forum that has seen some amazing growth over the last few months. To that I wish to thank each of you!!

To each of the TFP Supporters, I'd like to send a special thanks to each of you. Your support has allowed TFP to remain advertising free, which is something incredibly rare on the net these days. By keeping TFP ad free we are able to keep our focus on teaching members pool care based on practical science, not based on profit margins or sales pitches. It is my belief that with the knowledge to maintain their pools any owner can keep their pool crystal clear with very little effort. Your support is what allows the forum the ability to continue to pursue this belief. Thank you!!

I hope each of you here enjoys this forum as much as I enjoy working on it. All of you are what makes TFP what it is, the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet.

Thank you!
    Lee

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A special Thank You

TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

No, thank YOU! All of you who maintain the site and moderate. The information that can be found here is priceless. And if it can't be found in the archive, a simple cry for help nearly always provides the needed answer. I would never have the pride I have in my pool without this site! (Likely I wouldn't even have a pool, if I would have not found this site and continued getting algae, my husband would not have allowed us to continually upgrade to a bigger pool.)
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

What Tim said..............
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl View Post
    No, thank YOU! All of you who maintain the site and moderate. The information that can be found here is priceless. And if it can't be found in the archive, a simple cry for help nearly always provides the needed answer. I would never have the pride I have in my pool without this site! (Likely I wouldn't even have a pool, if I would have not found this site and continued getting algae, my husband would not have allowed us to continually upgrade to a bigger pool.)

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +100
    TFP is priceless
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

7. Back To Top    #7

This is where we need one of those thumbs up buttons
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

8. Back To Top    #8

Just glad to be part of this fantastic group. Awesome experience with great intentions, all simply designed to help others.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

I would like to thank all those that maintain this site and all the posters for all the great info and help. I have owned my pool since 2014 April. Everyone has made owning a pool on simple.
    Thanks again
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    This is where we need one of those thumbs up buttons
    There is one on the Tapatalk app!

Sent using Tapatalk
    ~ 18.5' x 36.5' inground Grecian pool with vinyl liner
    ~ approximately 23,000 gallons
    ~ AquaRite Salt Water Generator cell size t-9
    ~ 1.5 HP Hayward Pump and Hayward Sand Filter
    ~ TF-100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Proud I am a TFP Pool School graduate! I have learned so much.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by appstategrad View Post
    There is one on the Tapatalk app!

Sent using Tapatalk
    But no one can actually see if you do it. And there is not one in the version that I am on now.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by smforte View Post
    Proud I am a TFP Pool School graduate! I have learned so much.
    Even though I graduated from all the other school's on time, I am not going to Graduate from TFP Pool School, but stay here for a while, and continue to learn. Once someone graduate's, they have a tendency to forget some things !
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Hayward CL2002 Chlorinator - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Hayward AQR9 SWG 25K Salt Cell & TF-100 Test Kit + Speed Stir
    Gulfstream HE125RA - 117K BTU Heat Pump - Date of Build is 11-2013

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    But no one can actually see if you do it. And there is not one in the version that I am on now.
    Interesting...maybe they are planning to make the likes visible to everyone soon, otherwise what's the point if they don't show up...lol.

I have version 5.1.1 on Android. Just noticed the thumbs up had appeared a few days ago.

Sent using Tapatalk
    ~ 18.5' x 36.5' inground Grecian pool with vinyl liner
    ~ approximately 23,000 gallons
    ~ AquaRite Salt Water Generator cell size t-9
    ~ 1.5 HP Hayward Pump and Hayward Sand Filter
    ~ TF-100 test kit

15. Back To Top    #15

That's unfortunately the one thing I dislike about Tapatalk is that there is no "tie" between vBulletin software itself and Tapatalk app. Then again, there really isn't anything better using the forum software we currently have besides the "Mobile Version" itself.....which isn't bad.

But getting back on track of this thread.........
    One thing I personally am putting on my "to do" list for this winter is to spend some time and get to know more of the members of this forum. Without a doubt each of us forms a mental picture of who other members are in real life based on their written answers. It's amazing in my experience just how far off these pictures really are once you are face to face with these people. One of my favorite forums to read is the "Introduce Yourself" forum that has seen a good bit of activity this year. One thing I'd challenge each of you to do is to go ahead and start a new thread talking about yourself. Few of the long time members, myself included, have taken the time to do this. I'd really like to get to know each of you more as you guys/gals really are the heart of TFP!

16. Back To Top    #16

Lee, I like your idea for the "introduce yourself".
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Me too. FWIW, I am NOT blonde, ha ha.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl View Post
    Me too. FWIW, I am NOT blonde, ha ha.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

19. Back To Top    #19

I posted this thread Testament to the method but also want to say, that I found this site before we bought our house and it is because of this site that we even looked at our house with a pool. I grew up with a pool, but never had to take care of it. My partner never had a pool and was very reluctant because of the perceived price etc. I convinced him that I could take care of the pool using the information on here and we have enjoyed the pool every day of swimming season except when we go away on holiday. Thank you to all.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC