Alkalinity Test ?

Sep 9, 2015
Ky
Just received our new Test kit in the mail. Really excited to find this place.

I am red green color blind and the total alkalinity test is impossible for me to see the color change so I had my wife run it and it is hard for her to see

My question is do they make the test in another color and does all the water change or is it just a slight change in color to red from green?

Thanks for any help

Welcome to TFP!

The test changes from a forest green to a bright red so it should be easy to use for someone who is not color blind. Would you be able to see a change from blue to gold? If the chlorine level is high the test starts out blue and transitions to gold, but the results are still valid. Try doing the test without adding R-0007 (chlorine neutralizer) and see if you can get it to turn blue instead of green.

Thank you. We had the water tested at the pool store when we received the kit just to see how close or off we were. On the alkalinity the test did change to a light red according to my wife but it was subtle not night and day. I will try without the chlorine neutralizer because I can see Blue. Will try this evening and post up. Will also watch the video
thank you for the fast responses

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.