Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Odd shape and cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Odd shape and cover

I need to buy a cover for the pool. Our pool is a very odd shape and I am not too sure what to do. Do I buy a rectangle ad cut it? Do I just use the rectangle over the odd shape? I have attached a drawing of the shape and size. It is 15 x 35 at the longest points.

Thanks for any and all help!

Tom

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Odd shape and cover

What kind of cover are you looking at? Solar, safety or floating winter cover?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an odd shape, too. I don't know your budget or what you want to do with the cover (as JohnT above alluded to) but you'll need a custom fit done. My shape is a figure 8 with an attached spa. I had Katchaleaf come out to install this style of cover on my pool--it lets water through but keeps tree stuff out. They first drilled holes all around my pool and inserted brass fittings. They then stretched a net across the pool and then rolled out the Katchaleaf material across the net and further stretched it and started cutting it to shape. Then then rolled it all back up and came back 3 weeks later with the edges all sewn up and brass grommets installed and installed it. $3k for all that.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    What kind of cover are you looking at? Solar, safety or floating winter cover?
    A cover for winter. I am in Northern California and the weather is pretty mild in terms of winter around here.

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

Most people just use a rectangular cover.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat