Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning narrow trough - what to use?

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

Cleaning narrow trough - what to use?

I have a weeping water wall feature in which water pours out of the top of the wall and drains into a 6 in. wide and deep trough that is connected to the pool. The trough catches a lot of sediment and debris and it is very difficult to keep it clean.

What kind of equipment would you recommend to keep the trough vacuumed out? I've tried the battery powered spa vacs and they are useless, not having enough suction power. The vac head would need to be fairly narrow to fit, perhaps 4 in. or so.
    IG Pool Size: 24,000 gallons
    Flagstone Decking, Pebble Plaster
    Cartridge Filter
    Date of pool build October 2014
    Spa , SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Cleaning narrow trough - what to use?

Maybe just use a regular wet/dry shop vac? If the standard attachments won't fit, you can always fabricate one at home with a piece of garden hose that will get into tighter spots.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

North Dallas

Re: Cleaning narrow trough - what to use?

If you look at my pool.... You will see that I have a whole lot of those narrow water channels around the infinity spa and also the I pool deck and stepping pads.... Looks pretty, but it is a pain to maintain..... I use a plain old plastic broom with stiff plastic bristles and I brush and push the water and sediments to the main pool portion. Then the pool cleaner will pick those sediment up or you can vacume them up.... So far works good for me... I have to brush about every 3 days or so to keep those channels free of stuff and leaves....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    72' X 10' IG pool with infinity edge spa and in pool dry deck completed Nov 2014. Pentair 3 HP VS pump for pool and spa. Pentair Challenger 3 HP for three 3 feet sheer decent water features. Pentair MasterTemp Heater and QUAD D.E. Filter.