Checking level above ground pool when full

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
We have had our above ground 24x16 Summerville pool for just about 6 weeks now, and have a question on poss pool settling..When using the liner as a reference for water level, its pretty much uniform until you get to the skimmer / filter end. Our liner has a border print and has a box shape all around the pool of course, but when you get closer to the skimmer, the water line is higher on that sect of the pool. I have gone out there with my large leveler, and checked all the top rails, and they are on point. Is that the proper way to determine if any settling is happening on that side of the pool? Or do I also need to check the sides of the pool as well. I was also thinking maybe its just the liner in that sect of the pool, for the skimmer being screwed on tight, it might have unevened that sect of the liner..

I would suspect either could be the case. I've seen vinyl printing slightly off that can be misleading to the eye. You are correct that when the vinyl was cut for the skimmer, it may have pulled the alignment off slightly. In addition, an AG pool can settle depending upon the base material and techniques used. You would assume that even if the liner print was slightly off, the gap between the waterline and the top rail would be uniform all the way around - at least within 1". One thing's for sure ... water is always level. Nature takes care for that for us. Some folks will obtain a digital/laser level for larger projects to really get pinpoint accuracy all the way across the pool rails. Maybe something like that would help confirm your suspicions? If you do discover that the pool settled effecting it being level, and it exceeds the recommended 1" variance, then draining and re-setting the pool is probably your best option.