Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Wave-100 does not climb walls

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Wave-100 does not climb walls

My brand new Dolphin Wave 100 pool cleaner has a hard time climbing the walls to clean the waterline. Specifically, it looks like out of 20 efforts it may manage to climb the wall once. I am certain that the filter is clean because we clean it essentially after every use.

The local distributor has thrown an idea that the reason may be a thin biofilm on the walls (algae precursor??) that makes the walls slippery (the pool water is otherwise crystal clear)

Does that explanation hold any water?

Let me also add that a different pool cleaner from Astral that we tried, did not have any problem climbing at all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Wave-100 does not climb walls

If your model has float devices on the handle, try adjusting them outward, and try angling the handle. Then drop the dolphin in the water upside dwn to ensure there are no air pockets and see if that helps.

I have the M4 Supreme model, and it climbs walls like a champ. But I've heard of others who need to make adjustments to achieve this
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Swampwoman View Post
    If your model has float devices on the handle, try adjusting them outward, and try angling the handle. Then drop the dolphin in the water upside dwn to ensure there are no air pockets and see if that helps.

I have the M4 Supreme model, and it climbs walls like a champ. But I've heard of others who need to make adjustments to achieve this

How often does M4 climb the walls? Everytime, or once every xxx minutes?

4. Back To Top    #4

That seems to deend on where it starts in the pool...it kinda just follows its own path, but when its done it hasn't missed anything
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains