We are building a new house in central Texas. The house will be built with a smallish in ground pool (12,000 gallons). There is no hot tub. My builder received a proposal from the pool sub that has the following equipment:
- Pool pump: 2.0 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump
- Filtration: 30" Pentair sand filter
- Pool Cleaner: Polaris 280 with booster pump
- Water treatment: Delta UV system with 320 Chlorinator
- Water Fill: Pool Miser automatic fill system with RPZ valve
- Automation: Jandy Z-4Pi Electronic control with iAqualink for Smartphone Operation
The pool pumps will be located about 3.5' below the coping and about 25 feet away.
I would appreciate any comments on this equipment proposal. I don't know much about pool equipment. One thing I do know is that the pumps for the pool in our current house consume quite a bit of electricity and are expensive to run. Thus, for the new pool I would like the most efficient pump system possible. I believe the proposed Whisperflo is a 2-speed pump. Should I be requesting a variable speed pump? Can't a single variable speed pump run both the filter and the Polaris eliminating the need for the booster pump?
Thanks in advance.