How To Make Pool Cleaner Robot More Efficient

Here is my first attempt at contributing to this forum.

I have a poolsweeper robot that is powered by a pressure booster pump and it drives aroundthe bottom of the pool picking up debris. I've noticed that it does not do anexcellent job because it seems to just drive over some leaves but they do not get sucked up. I know it is generally working because the bag gets filled up with junk. Out of ten leaves for example, it will only suck up about 5 of them so inother words a 50% success rate which "sucks".

When looking at the bottom of the sweeper,I can measure the gap below the bottom of the sweeper and where the wheelsride on the bottom of the pool and it is about a 7/16 inch gap.

I mounted a Green Scotch pad to the aft side of the bottom of the sweeper behind the vacuum hole andattached it with two stainless steel screws. The Scotch pad is folded once to make it a bit thicker. This closes up the gap behind the vacuum hole and now it seems to have increased the efficiency of the leaf sucking job because now the leaves do not just pass under the vacuum.

The pad doesn't actually slide along the bottom of the pool so it really doesn't do any scrubbing, it's just there more for its ability to close up the gap under the sweeper to the pool bottom.

So far so good we'll see how long the Scotch pad last however since it's not actually rubbing on the bottom of the pool my hope is that it will last half a season anyway.

Happy swimming!!!
Bill
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• Pool Vacuum Modification.jpg
    Pool Vacuum Modification.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 86
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.