Hello, I wanted to try closing this year. I have read the great advice on this site and watched a few you tube videos but Im still a little confused about the best way to blow out my lines. So here is what I think i will do and was hoping some one could correct me if I seem off.
1. Lower water below skimmer baskets but I don't think i will be able to get below returns because of pool cover requirements.
2. Set pool valve to REC and remove Sand filter drain plug.
3 connect air compressor to drain of pool pump and start. Now the questions start.
* Should or could I close off the main drain to promote pressure through the other lines and reopen it up after they are closed off?
* Once I think a skimmer basket or return line can be capped in the pool do I then walk back and turnoff that valve on the pump side?
* Once Im down to just the main drain left blowing air I guess i can get air trapped in pipes by closing it off as air running?
* Once all lines are capped and closed off, i open up the skimmer plugs to poor in the Antifreeze while the Pump side skimmer valves are still turn off.
* Should I add winterizing chemicals before or after I lower pools levels?
* if for some reason I cant get enough air to blow out all lines enough I guess i could let it sit and not add antifreeze while I find something with more power, right I just wont put in anit-freeze yet?
2 skimmers each with shutoff valves
2 returns with Shutoff valves
1 polaris booster pump with shut off valves
2 main drain opening bottom of pool with 1 shut off valve for both
Thanks for reading this and help for a novice.