Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaf cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaf cover

We just broke down this spring and bought a heater for the pool. Now is the time we usually close (Buffalo, NY) but with the heater I would love to leave it open until October. The problem is the ongoing leaf struggle... We use a winter mesh cover so I don't have any experience with them. I'm curious if they can be placed over the solar cover and are they "relatively" easy to take on and off? We have a 18x36 inground oval shaped pool. I'll take any suggestions, thanks!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaf cover

It sounds like you're in just the same boat as I am in. We're using the solar cover to try to help the heater keep the water around 82 and the leaves are quickly taking over. We use the Leaf cover right over the solar cover just as you are saying. It does add a slight bit of work to remove, but not nearly as much as cleaning off the leaves from the cover. My 5year old daughter and I remove the covers and while some of the smaller debris does end up in the water, the majority is caught by the leaf covers.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Leaf cover

Thanks so much! I think we'll give one a try, we have 2 daughters that want to keep swimming so I'm sure they will be more than happy to help