Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello! Newbie AZDesertPool in Tucson

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello! Newbie AZDesertPool in Tucson

Hello pool world. I am new to pools, having never owned one and only used those maintained by someone else. This site has already been a great source of information over the past week as I am researching a pool for our backyard. My wife (who grew up with a backyard pool in CA) and 4 kids (who would live in neighborhood pools or relatives' pools if they could) and I are anxious to add a pool to our backyard. Currently in the process of saving and researching and trying to decide what we really want. Thanks in advance for all of the advice, tips, and opinions on all the threads.

Dave
    Owner Build. 32x16, with 6x8 raised spa. Broke ground April 1, 2016, swimming July 18. Pentair Intelliflo VS + Whisperflo for Water features; Clean & Clear Filter 420; Master Temp Heater 400k BTU; Intellibrite 120V pool and spa lights; Regular ol' plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello! Newbie AZDesertPool in Tucson

Welcome

Ask any questions you have. Definitely follow the build threads as you'll get tons of ideas. I have a pool and I still like to follow the build threads for fun.

One piece of advice - once you settle on your pool budget and what you feel comfortable spending, add another 15-20% on to it and hold it in reserve (don't tell your future PB about it). You will use it all!!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Lots of info in the Under Construction forum.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!