LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First year, first pool. Really enjoying. Cant figure out why I waited soooooo long...My wife was very pleased with me . Still have a week or two of comfortable swimming...

Also, we plan on adding a through the wall skimmer, hard plumbing and doing a bit of re-leveling so water will be out and in again. Back soon with photos and more questions.

I will be leaving our Ultra Frame Pool up year round. I'll cover for the winter but I plan on just maintning chemical balance year round just like during the summer months. Good Idea/Bad idea? Any advice? Anything extra I need to do while it's up and not in use? Any special chemical regime? I had no problem maintaning water chemistry by simply following the directions of TFP and the advice from everyone. Thanks again

If you plan on maintaining it all year like many of us do with relatively decent temps or just the occasional cold-spells, you can certainly do so 356 days. If the water temp simply gets so cold it's almost painful to stick your hands in the water, you can close your pool via Pool School - Closing (Winterizing) Your Above Ground Pool. The one thing maintaining all year long may do is help you avoid any unusual spring start-up issues. At the very least, if you just keep the FC level where it needs to be to avoid algae, and check the other chemicals periodically, you should be fine. That's actually how I do mine. Too cold to swim, but not so cold that I can't sweep, scoop-up leaves, and test chemical levels.

Howdy neighbor! :wave:

There is no winterizing here. Chlorine demand just goes waaaaay down and the water's too cold to swim in without spending the GNP of a small nation on a gas heater. I suppose if you have a lot of trees shedding in your yard a cover would make sense. I don't, so I don't bother.

Hello Richard320!! Didn't notice your profile before, though I have enjoyed your posts through the different forum threads. And you too Texas Splash..
Thanks for the info. You Senior Members give us newbies the confidence to press on!!! Back at you soon...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.