Pentair Intelliflo Drive unit

Does anyone know if the Pentair Intelliflo drive unit #353251 is repairable? It was hit with a strong surge and the unit controls and display work fine. The motor does not run. I was told by Pentair to replace the drive ($600) and it would work fine. Any other information you could share?

I'm sure it is repairable but the question is, can you find someone to fix it? For another $250-300, I'd be tempted to buy an entirely new pump, install it to get your pool going again, and then dig into the drive unit's electronics and see if I could find something obvious to fix. If you can't, I bet you could part out (or I'd just hold onto it for future repairs) the pump to make back some money.

However, the first thing I'd buy is a surge protector! :) They are simple to install.

Any recommendation on surge protector?

Thanks.

I'm sure it is repairable but the question is, can you find someone to fix it? For another $250-300, I'd be tempted to buy an entirely new pump, install it to get your pool going again, and then dig into the drive unit's electronics and see if I could find something obvious to fix. If you can't, I bet you could part out (or I'd just hold onto it for future repairs) the pump to make back some money.

However, the first thing I'd buy is a surge protector! :) They are simple to install.

I found a Leviton 51110 at Home Depot on sale for more than half off. I dunno why...maybe they aren't very good? I bought 2 of 'em. These are likely a one-shot deal, however. It can handle one surge and it'll probably get destroyed but it just depends on the surge's characteristics. There are others that tout being able to handle multiple strikes before needing replacement. Square D is a good brand that I'd trust. Search on that. Prices vary from $50 to several hundred.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.