Running 'heater' without a heater--messed up pump?

stricttime

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 26, 2010
DFWTX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So yesterday I walked into the backyard and heard the pump (Jandy e-pump) running unusually noisily. Went to check the control panel and the lights indicated that the heater was on. We don't have a heater attached to the system. Evidently my DH mistakenly turned the heater on when he was turning the lights on or off using the PDA. So something was trying to run a heater for at least 18 hours.

Now I notice that the Polaris 280 is barely crawling across the bottom of the pool. The pump is still making unusual noise, but not nearly as loud. The pressure is also up about 2 psi.

What do I need to check, or should I just call my pool service?

Thanks for any help.

Angie

I doubt that the "heater" being on has any bearing on the pump issue. The heater light being on just means the output for the relay in the controller was turned on. The "Brains" in the system does not know that there is a heater on the system or not.

Sounds to me like the filter may need cleaning/backwash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.