Take off the connectors.

Will your pool freeze this winter or not? You've not updated your location so no one really knows.

Will your pool freeze this winter or not? You've not updated your location so no one really knows.

Sorry you are right. Yes my pool will freeze hard. That is why I am worried about the connectors. Even though I have the pool drained a few inches below the intake connector, I could imagine some water getting in the connector and freezing. I thought about leaving the connectors off but am worried that ice could form in the hole in the side and hurt the pool. I think that I will leave the connectors in. I hope to hear from somebody who has left their Intex pool up for the winter in a freezing environment.

I've seen a few intex pools that have survived several winters here in Pa. We get hard freezes they keep on going. I'll refer to an actual owner as I don't own one. They seem to do better if they're left up. Good luck with it.

Since the water is drained below them, it's very easy to remove the connectors, so just take them off. Better to be safe and not have them crack during the winter due to unexpected water getting inside them and freezing. I store mine indoors for the winter in a Rubbermaid container.

I do not understand the remark of having the pool side damaged by taking the connectors off, that it would better to leave them on. I believe the opposite would be true. Maybe I am missing something in your remark, don't know.

I had read some where else that I should leave the connectors on because if water or snow froze in or around the opening, in the side with no connectors, that it could damage the pool side. I would rather have to replace the connectors than the pool, but I don't know so I am asking for your opinions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had read some where else that I should leave the connectors on because if water or snow froze in or around the opening, in the side with no connectors, that it could damage the pool side. I would rather have to replace the connectors than the pool, but I don't know so I am asking for your opinions.

I was pondering this same question. I'm in Pennsylvania. My pool came with plugs for the inlets, I believe. I think I am going to take the plunger valves, etc. off. They have gaskets that might wear faster if exposed to the freezing, etc. Not sure if I am correct in that assumption, but I think the plastic might fare better if store for the winter, too. I did that with my old pool when I left it up for 2 winters. I think I am taking the pump off, and leaving the sand part out. (Drained, of course.) all hoses and plungers I intend to store in the garage.

I would plug them, ice can pull all different ways. I've seen ice rip a skimmer completely of a pool wall. Better to drain a bunch below openings. Keep snow from pilling up to much. The last few winters in Ohio have been extremely cold

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.