Hello all

Sep 11, 2015
jackson, ms.
My name is Tyjuan (like the country just spelled different) and I am a new pool owner with more questions than answers at the moment. I have a 27 x 52 above ground pool. I am currently looking at heating options at the moment. My pool is in a shaded area trying to decide if I should go with a heat pump or the hotspot fph heat recovery pool heater. Looking for feedback. Guys (and gals) let me know what you think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

I don't have first-hand experience with either. But I can tell you that the FPH heat recovery heater depends on your central A/C system running as it recycles the waste heat that your air conditioner gives off. As the weather cools and you cut back on the A/C usage, then the recovery heater will not be doing as much to warm the pool. If you are looking at the heater to extend the swim season, then the recovery heater would not be the best option. However, if you mainly use the pool between Memorial Day and Labor Day and simply want the water to be warmer during this time, then it would be a good option.

That's basically the time we are planning on using the pool. I didn't know that the shade was going to make that big of a difference with the temperature. I like the fhp option the most but I'm still doing research on the install. I priced the the heater, the cost of the pvc pipe needed and the rental cost for the trencher to lay the pipes down. I'm checking for an experienced hvac tech to get an ideal of the price to install to see if it's worth the investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk