Taking down pool for storage :)

Sep 14, 2015
Indianola, IA
If anyone can tell me an easy way to get the top pieces of a metal frame intex above ground pool APART you will be my hero! I am beyond frustrated and the take down videos look so easy! What am I missing besides brute strength!:) any help is appreciated!! :)

I saw someone mention it is the tightness of the vinyl around them that makes it difficult to get apart. (And that seemed to be true when we were putting ours up a few months ago.) If you can some how make it more slippery where the vinyl wraps around, it might help.

If anyone can tell me an easy way to get the top pieces of a metal frame intex above ground pool APART you will be my hero! I am beyond frustrated and the take down videos look so easy! What am I missing besides brute strength!:) any help is appreciated!! :)
Just took down my ultraframe a few hours ago. It seems like a seal develops between the vinyl sleeves and the top rails. You can break that seal by running a finger around the top rail b/t the rail surface and vinyl on each side of the rail you are trying to remove. Then just depress the snap buttons on each side and give it a twist. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the comments and suggestions. I will try again tomorrow evening as the Mosquitos were getting the best of me. There are no buttons or pins to push in except on the legs and those were easily removed, I removed all of the locking push pins maybe I should have left those all in except where I want to take it apart?

With all the pins out you should be able to find a few places where the laterals will slide further into the tee's.
Basically what you want to do is make the circumference slightly smaller, because if you try to take the first one apart you will have to make it approx. 2-3 inches larger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.