Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking down pool for storage :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Taking down pool for storage :)

If anyone can tell me an easy way to get the top pieces of a metal frame intex above ground pool APART you will be my hero! I am beyond frustrated and the take down videos look so easy! What am I missing besides brute strength! any help is appreciated!!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Taking down pool for storage :)

I saw someone mention it is the tightness of the vinyl around them that makes it difficult to get apart. (And that seemed to be true when we were putting ours up a few months ago.) If you can some how make it more slippery where the vinyl wraps around, it might help.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Meme704 View Post
    If anyone can tell me an easy way to get the top pieces of a metal frame intex above ground pool APART you will be my hero! I am beyond frustrated and the take down videos look so easy! What am I missing besides brute strength! any help is appreciated!!
    Just took down my ultraframe a few hours ago. It seems like a seal develops between the vinyl sleeves and the top rails. You can break that seal by running a finger around the top rail b/t the rail surface and vinyl on each side of the rail you are trying to remove. Then just depress the snap buttons on each side and give it a twist. Hope this helps.

Intex 18 x 52 ultraframe
    1600 gph intex pump w 14" sand filter
    Hayward skimmer mod

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool liner sticking to steel support posts, dish soap and water.
    Breaking first joint apart, go back two or three sections depress pins and get frame to slide closer to tee's, then try to make the first break.
    Lou - 13.5K Gal pool, AG Intex 24 X 52"
    19" Sand Filter/1 hp pump, Aqua Trol SWG
    90 sq ft Homemade Solar panels + 80 sq ft Fafco panels, coupled with a SS heat exchanger/Hot Water Tank, Pentair SolarTouch, Taylor k-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you so much for the comments and suggestions. I will try again tomorrow evening as the Mosquitos were getting the best of me. There are no buttons or pins to push in except on the legs and those were easily removed, I removed all of the locking push pins maybe I should have left those all in except where I want to take it apart?

6. Back To Top    #6

With all the pins out you should be able to find a few places where the laterals will slide further into the tee's.
    Basically what you want to do is make the circumference slightly smaller, because if you try to take the first one apart you will have to make it approx. 2-3 inches larger.
    Lou - 13.5K Gal pool, AG Intex 24 X 52"
    19" Sand Filter/1 hp pump, Aqua Trol SWG
    90 sq ft Homemade Solar panels + 80 sq ft Fafco panels, coupled with a SS heat exchanger/Hot Water Tank, Pentair SolarTouch, Taylor k-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks again everyone for being so helpful. As soon as we got all the Vidal released from sticking it came apart easily! Can't wait til next summer!