How much 6% chlorine (bleach) to use for SLAM

I am new to the forum, but have read many post for over 2 months now. I can't seem to get any kind of guide on how much chlorine to use for the SLAM. I will be buying 6% bleach. I would also lilke to know how you test the water for FC when it's suppose to be 30-40 ppm. I have a K-2006 with the powder, but I would think you would run out of drops testing at that level. I use 37 drops to get to 7.4 ppm FC. To get to 30 would use 4-5 time that.

Thanks,

Use Pool Math. Input your pool volume then adjust the "weight %" cell to 6% instead of 8.25%. Input your current FC into the "Now" column and your desired FC into the "Target" column and it will show you how much 6% bleach to add to reach the desired FC.

Use a 10 mL sample. Then each drop is 0.5 ppm FC, rather than 0.2. Many less drops. Some people will even go so far to use a 5 mL sample, then each drop is 1 ppm FC.

Also... for a pool as large as yours, I'd try to find a good deal on at least 8.25% bleach, perhaps even 10-12.5% just so you don't have to go through so many containers.

JV is a bit faster than me, but here is my post anyway ;)

The k-2006 instructions tell you to use 25ml of water, but we typically use 10ml of water, 1 scoop of powder, and count each drop as 0.5ppm instead of 0.2. In addition during the SLAM you can use 5ml of water and count each drop as 1ppm, but this is only something I recommend during a SLAM.

As for how much, well that depends on what your FC is. For that you use PoolMath.
For a quick lesson on how to use PoolMath check here: Pool School - PoolMath

JV is a bit faster than me, but here is my post anyway ;)

The k-2006 instructions tell you to use 25ml of water, but we typically use 10ml of water, 1 scoop of powder, and count each drop as 0.5ppm instead of 0.2. In addition during the SLAM you can use 5ml of water and count each drop as 1ppm, but this is only something I recommend during a SLAM.

As for how much, well that depends on what your FC is. For that you use PoolMath.
For a quick lesson on how to use PoolMath check here: Pool School - PoolMathhttp://www.troublefreepool.com/content/114-poolmath-pool-calculator

But your's is better! Guess I need to slooooow down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.