Ok so I am new to all this - Never had a pool before. I have a TF-100 Kit and test daily, same time in the AM and I test it all typically just so I gain a better understanding of whats up with the water chem and temps etc etc. I am trying to learn.
Well the guys were installing the cover so the side gate was open and I see the pool builders pool service guy out there skimming for leaves - and the water looks super cloudy. Here is what it looked like yesterday.
Me: "Hey next time knock on the door so I know your here, and what did you put in the pool?"
Pool Guy (PG): Oh I shocked it
PG: Cuz thats what you do every time
Me: did you test first?
PG: ya it needs a shock cuz it was low on chlorine and needs soda
Me: I tested this morning, I test all the time it was at 3.5 this AM and PH was 7.5 - I think that's about right
PG: Well you are supposed to shock it, it kills all the stuff and goes away in like an hour
Me: So whats in it that makes it dissipate in 1 hour - what chemicals, because I do not think anything leaves the water that fast
PG: I don't know, but it doesn't mess with the chlorine or anything
Me: Please talk with me before you put in any chemicals
I was fit to be tied, and about to go off on this guy it was everything I could do to keep some of my composure.
He tested Chlorine at 2
PH at 7.4-6
and Alkalinity at 70
He added 2 lbs Soda, 2 lbs shock, and 6lbs calcium
So TFPools folks did I just make a fool of myself? I have read tons in this forum and SLAM is the only time I have seen shock mentioned. Please help!
My tests from this AM were
so CSI -0.19