thinking of changing out return faceplates when I close

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Each year, i have tiny bubbles after plugging my return lines with the threaded caps. The bubbles are tiny and they always go away once I turn off the blower at the pump. However, it still doesn't give me a great feeling. I've tried teflon tape but still get bubbles. I was wondering if the bubbles could be coming through tiny cracks in the faceplates? I can't visibly see any cracks when I look closely at them under the water but I can't figure what else could cause the air leaks when plugged. I have 3 returns plus a Polaris line. So, I would have to replace 4 faceplates.

Even though I can't see any signs of cracking, would it be worth changing these out? Is it easy to do? I'd really like to have a Troublefree closing this year :)

You can also forget the screw on caps and buy those black rubber plugs with the wing nut. They come in different sizes for the inside diameter of your pipe. They work great. As you tighten the wing nut they expand. I quit fighting the Teflon tape and leaky pipes every year and have been using these the last 5 yrs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.