Intex 18 x 9 x 52 rectangular problem with legs

Sep 13, 2015
Mesa, AZ
I have the 18x9x52 intex ultra frame rectangular pool. It has been set up for about two months and there is something with the shapes legs on one side that has me concerned. I removed all the grass in the area where I was going to set up the pool. I dug the higher side down and used a 2x4 with a level to level the area. I put down 1.5 inch thick foam insulation sheets down followed by the ground cover. Under each leg I put two pieces of 2x8 lumber that were 12 inches long. When I lay a 2x4 across the top of the pool from one side to the other I am well within an inch of level. The problem is the water does not look level inside the pool and on the one side the legs are stretching the lower vinyl support to the point that the black cross pin is bending. The last two on that side are the worst and the others are not to bad. I will try to post some pictures. I'm not sure what to do. Should I just drain and reposition those legs closer in or will the same thing occur?

Thanks
Brian Csader

n9l09.jpg

I used to use a 2 foot level and hopefully straight 2 x 4 to do base prep when setting up my Intex pools. I always seemed to miss on one place around the pool close but not close enough. This year when prepping for my new 24 x 52" Intex frame pool I went back to using the old fashioned water level, got it within half an inch all away around.
The trouble is that water seeks it's own level and you normally don't see any variance until the pool is full of water, then you will see exactly where you are at.
A water level removes the possibility that your level is out of level, this happens to them right from brand new, or if your 2 x 4 has a slight curve in it.
Video here on how to make and use a water level, cost is about 10$ tops.
Making and Using a Water Level - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.